Are you ready to eat your face off today during Christmas dinner?? I know I am. Today is an eating marathon I’ve been training for since Halloween. All that’s missing is a Rocky training montage, but trust me, its been hard work and I’ve overcome impossible odds.
Do you maybe need something for breakfast that’s relatively light, but also Christmas in a bowl? I’ve got you covered with this recipe.
I’m a little late to the gingerbread party, but I think this recipe is perfectly acceptable through New Year’s. It’s spicy, satisfying, festive, and insta-worthy. What more could you want?
I’m celebrating this year with a small crew; my momma-in-law, my husband, and our little frenchie, Tobi. We will be cozied up in our jammy jams for most of the day, eating yummy vegan comfort foods. Tonight, since we live in Orlando, we plan on heading over to Disney Springs to take in the new Star Wars at their movie theater. Much excite! I am a huge Star Wars fan. What are you guys up to?
As to your breakfast, this little smoothie bowl couldn’t be easier to make and customize with all your favorite fiiiiixin’s.
Best enjoyed while wearing a onesie.
- 2 ripe medium frozen bananas
- 2 and ½ tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted (optional, for sweetness- you could sub agave or maple syrup to taste)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of allspice (optional)
- ½ cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 5-10 ice cubes
- Toppings of choice (I used banana, cranberries, cinnamon granola, coconut, and cacao nibs)
- Blend everything together in a high speed blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go. (A regular blender will work just fine, just allow for more blending time to get things extra smooth.). You want to use as little liquid as possible so that the smoothie bowl is dense enough to hold up your toppin’s. Add extra almond milk only as needed; be patient!
- Check consistency. If it is too runny, add ice cubes (start with 5) until you’ve achieved desired thickness.
- Pour into a bowl and get artsy with your fixin’s! Enjoy.