Need a dish that comes together in a snap, requires minimal ingredients, but emanates simple elegance? This incredibly easy citrus salad is a fantastic recipe to have in your back pocket.
The key here is to have leading-lady level citrus, because obviously, that is going to be the star of a citrus salad. I went to Whole Foods and purchased several varieties of citrus, including red grapefruit, tangelo, blood orange, and a delightfully sweet variety called sumo citrus. The sumo citrus has the sweetness of a tangerine or clementine, but was quite large (about as large as the grapefruit I found).
So many of us search for showstopper, visually beautiful recipes that are unfussy. That’s exactly what this easy citrus salad is all about. The pistachios and mint add some contrasting colors and textures to the jewel tones of the citrus, and you just can’t help but be drawn in by the beautiful colors and simplicity. And it tastes as delicious as it looks!
This citrus salad would make a fabulous starter for a dinner party. Because it is so light, you could serve it with something a bit more hearty like my Mushroom Pesto Pasta with Panko “Parmesan”. It would also be equally at home with a summer-inspired spread of grilled vegetable sandwiches or the like.
If you try this recipe, let me know- I’d be so excited to hear how it turns out for you. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lifteddish on Instagram!
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or use honey if not vegan)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 5-6 assorted, ripe citrus fruits (I used tangelo, red grapefruit, blood orange, and sumo citrus)
- 3 tablespoons shelled and chopped salted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, for garnish
- Coarse sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare the citrus fruits by slicing off the top and bottom of each fruit. Remove remaining peel. Slice horizontally across the fruit to create rounds of citrus as pictured.
- Arrange the citrus on a serving platter and drizzle with dressing. Top with pistachios, mint, and a sprinkling of coarse salt. Serve!